Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Whooo! Jesus High, if you know what I'm saying....

Hey guys! I haven't given you any real update on my life since Saturday, although I hope you've liked the other stuff. So I figured I really needed to put something up, especially because these past few days have been very interesting and I'm on a Jesus high right now! SWEET!

My weekend was very busy with essay writing because I had slacked off before hand. I got distracted once or twice, but overall I worked pretty hard. And considering I HATE essays, I think I did a pretty good job on it. It will be interesting to get that back. That was my culminating for English worth 15%, so I'm really glad that's out of the way.

That's the tip of my iceberg of things that are going on in my life. So I'll keep going onwards... Monday was amazing! It was the last Bible study type group night with the people I'm going to Thunderbay with and also my friends Morgan and Jake who aren't going to Thunderbay. The three leaders who are leaders there (obvi.) were praying for certain people in the group and stuff and we each got individually prayed for this week too. Jodi, an amazing person who loves Jesus and is a really awesome speaker, she was the leader who was praying for me. All the leaders wrote letters for the people they were praying for. Before I had read the letter I decided that I wouldn't share here what was written because it's personal and stuff. But what she said to me is basically what was written in the letter, and it's not really a secret what she said. And it's so cool and I know that God is in this and he's always just blowing me away with how superb he is.

So what she had basically said, was that the day before Monday (Sunday) she had gone out for a walk with Jesus and prayed for the four people that she was praying for when God spoke to her with the words "Friend of God" for me. K, I'm gonna go get the letter so I can draw from it all the things I'm forgetting. The first verse that he put on her heart was John 15:14 "You are my FRIEND if you do what I command you". That could apply to a hundred different things in my life, anybody's really, but it's a call to live in obedience to God, doing things that please him from whatever angle you look at me. Obviously I'm not perfect, but I want to try to live like Jesus and be an example of his love.

The next thing was "Love the LORD you God with all your heart, with all your mind and with all your soul". She wrote out what each of those meant but that's really all about putting him first, and that needs to happen every single day.

This last thing is what she told me was the one He really wanted me to focus on especially. And this is the one that especially won me over and had me sold, not that the other ones didn't but this one hit home. "That you (I) would be a woman [who] also craves God - with Godly appetites". This is what my passion is, what follows, and that she also said: That people would see what I have, and want it. The relationship with my BEST FRIEND (JESUS). My whole passion (after God) is for friends, that I would have good friendships and for my friends who don't know about the good news that Jesus offers, that God would use me to help reach them. That's the kind of thing that excites me most.

I mean that's true to my character, you'll know as you've been getting to know me, for Morgan that God would keep blessing her whether that would mean me being close with her or not, for my friend in my media arts class who I want so desperately to find hope and love in Jesus.

And even today, I have a friend named Angela. It's her birthday today. I don't really know her that well at all because she's honestly one of quietest people I know. But I see her everyday and she goes to my small group so for tomorrow I'd like to do something for her so that she knows that she doesn't go unnoticed. I told my mom that I wanted to do something for her for tomorrow but she didn't get it. She just said that her mom could do something for her if she wanted to but it's different with friends. Moms basically can't forget their own children, that's all there is to it. There's no doubt of their love but if something comes from a friend than you know they mean it because there's nothing there to make them give anything unless it's of their own choice. That's my take on it.

So Monday was really great. I would've put something up here then but I chose to spend time with God who is obviously more important than you guys because I was on a Jesus high then too and I only had time for one of the two, without staying up late that is.

What a contrast Monday was with Tuesday now. You're like "What was Tuesday like?"

Sometimes I feel so fed up with myself because it feels like I can never make the right choices. Yesterday I had homework that needed to be done and I let myself be easily distracted by just about everything I came across. TV, siblings, food, you name it and it distracted me. Now I did get the homework done, but it cost me a lot of sleep last night. And I shamefully didn't put God first like I needed to. That's really all there is too that.

Today I am in a really great mood. I don't know why. Nothing particularly good or bad has happened. The weather is really nice out today. I'm free from a few homework assignments that are now done. I've put God first today and spent time in the Word before coming on here. I'm perfectly content with who I am even though sometimes I make wrong decisions... I don't know. I'm just enjoying life and it's fantastic.

Have a great day guys, Steph!

No comments: