Monday, May 12, 2008

The Start of a Project (pun? just read)

Today in my media arts class we started our final project due at the end of the year, which is a claymation. Youtube's littered with them. My teacher's put up a few simple ones. His youtube username is thejamesshow, if you want to check him out.

Everyone's working in partners. Since I don't have any close friends in the first place in that class, I was originally hoping to be able to work with a guy named Adam who's getting like a 95. But for those of you who have read all of my previous blogs, if you can just remember that girl God had asked me to talk that one day... well, I'm working with her and I'm kind of excited because I'm just hoping that God will use me to reach her with His love.

She's I guess the kind of person you might call an "emo". And I really hope that none of you have any prejudices against them or anything of the sort. If you don't know the term - basically there's a certain stereotype that comes along with it all. You can look it up but because of that I think a lot of jokes and criticism has come of it. In some cases it's more than anything a fashion and just used for attention, but then the other side it is the association with things like depression, self-injury like cutting and stuff, often drugs, and also suicide.

Personally, I'm pretty sure they're just people that hurting for any number of reasons that don't know how to deal with it. They're people who need God's love and hope. I don't actually know her that well and I won't write anything I don't know of for sure but I've seen her right wrist and the marks left from cutting. She does drugs, I don't even think it's important which ones either.

I posted on one of my oldest blogs, a video that one of my friends helped make a while ago about cutting. Check it out.

Prayer for her and for me would be amazing! Pray that God would give chances for me to get to know her more and to talk to her. There's so many things I'd love to ask her if I knew her better. And please also pray that day I'll have the opportunity to tell her about Jesus! Thank you guys! Oh by the way, she's Wiccan so pray that that doesn't get in the way.

yggiC



Just a really good song... (In Silence, by Michael W. Smith)

3 comments:

CaseyMay said...

Hey there girl! Wow I am totally encouraged by your post! I think that God has been preparing you to work with this girl and tell her of God's love. I will definately be praying for you and her. About my blog name, my best friend and I actually prayed about the name when we were setting it up,so God gets the glory in that one! :)

~standing on His Promises~

retrobellewife said...

Hey!
I found you off of Samantha's blog. I love the polka-dot background! I am a huge polka dot fanatic, though.
Anyway, I have been trying to catch up on your posts. If it weren't so late, I would have tried to have read all of them. Instead, I'll just have to start from here on out.
Wow! Sounds like you have a huge task in front of you, but it is a comforting thought that God never sets things before us that He doesn't intend to stand behind us on. I do pray that God help you lead this girl to Him. It is great that you have been listening to Him and watching to see where He is leading you. I pray God is with you through all of this and that this girl's heart may be open to Him.
Again, I love your blog. I'll be back to visit.
-Paige

SamanthaMarie said...

I am overjoyed that God is giving you another chance to talk with her. I totally remember when you first chatted with her, so it will be such an amazing blessing to be able to continue witnessing to her and just getting to know her. I will be praying hard for the situation. I know that God can do big things through us small children!! :)

Claymation is sooo cool. If there's a way you can get yours on the web you should share it with us!!

Love you girly!! I pray all things go really well this week with her. Be sure to keep us all updated!!!
<3