Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just Ask It

Do it. Just ask it. What I mean by that is that if you want to ever ask me something then ask it. Anytime, but I think it'd be cool to just have one blog set aside for questions. Don't be shy, go ahead - interview me if you want! I have no problem with personal questions. I think the only ones I won't answer directly on here would be things like my address or something, things that are too much for the Internet to hold, y'know.

Now for a short story that doesn't relate to what I just wrote.... Last night, well first of all, have I told that I'm going up to Thunderbay the first week of July for a something that's basically a missions trip? I think I may have mentioned it at least once before, possibly as a side note or indirectly. Either way, I am and I'm going with some awesome people I know to run a camp for First Nations kids. It's exciting.

So last night, I had a meeting for it and I went obviously. Three people there got to practise giving a short version of their testimonies as prep for the camp. The rest of us will go the next time. One girl though gave her testimony and what I never knew before was that she used to be into drugs, alcohol and cutting before. I talked to her afterwards about my friend in my media arts class, just asking her how to go about it and stuff. She mostly just said to ask questions, she said that no one really told her about Jesus but that she got into Him through the youth center (the people I'm going to Thunderbay with). What I got out of it was to ask questions to try and understand where they're coming from and I guess just be a friend because everyone needs friends.

1 comment:

SamanthaMarie said...

Everybody does need a friend. Everyone needs someone that will listen to what they have to say. And for those people that do not yet know of the love of Jesus we need to step in a be a light for Him. In essence we need to do what Jesus would do. I will keep praying for you and the girl in your media arts class!!

I also would have to agree that getting together will have to be something we save for later years, maybe well into college or even after. Because with money as tight as it is anyway... but you are SO invited to my future wedding to my currently non-existent future husband :D (Well hopefully he exists right now or otherwise my future husband would be VERY young compared to me hehe.) And if you are ever in the vicinity of Idaho just let me. I'll show you how we hicks have a good time, err... or I'll just show you around my town and we can watch movies and hang out at my house hehe :D And I hope I can also get an invite to your wedding!!

So questions... hmmmm...
1.) Has there ever been a time in your life where you just at your wits end and you had to fully rely on God?
2.) Your dream vacation?
3.) Favorite movie?
4.) What are all the places you've been to on vacation or mission trips and which has been your favorite experience?
5.) What did you want to be when you were little?

I'm sure I will think of more later :D

The disaster in Burma is so upsetting. I wish the government would just accept help. That's the total opposite of the Rwanda situation where help was needed and asked for but nobody really did much. Now the world is all trying to help Burma but they don't want it. What in the world?! So sad, I'll have to remember to pray about that.

Love you girl!!