Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The house fire and my motivation

Recent happenings: Yesterday (May 5) a house on the street right next to mine got burnt down. No one died... which is great. I have friends that live on either side of the house so it's cool that it wasn't either of theirs, but it still sucks for the other people. The place is a wreck, you could pray that the family sees God through the whole situation.

I ordered bearings from eBay last Sunday night for my skateboard, and I got them today in the mail. They're Bones Reds and they work nicely.

I kind of procrastinate a fair bit, and am even doing that now. So I probably shouldn't be on here but I was thinking about why I do and why I find it easier to work late at night. This is what I've thought of so far: at night there's no one else awake to distract me by saying things like "hey can you solve this Rubik's cube for me?" or other random things, and I can't do things that involve lots of noise like watching TV. At night no one's calling my house and it's too late to call other people. It's also gets quite dark out so I can't get distrated by saying things like "it's so nice out maybe I'll skateboard for an hour and then do work". Plus that would just be dangerous... you never know who creeps at night.

If I'm looking for distractions at night a big one is the Internet and the other is my art because at the min. all you need is a pencil and paper.

If it's a last minute situation then my motivation is just like if I don't get it done I'll get a zero (when I'm pretty smart) and furthermore disappoint people.

Sometimes the issue is that I don't really understand what I have to do but I'd say most cases there's either a lack of interest or lack of real motivation because I can't see the purpose behind it (which is espescially true of my English class).

So if you have any solutions to the problem or ideas for motivation that would be sweet! Accountability works great if I call someone ahead of time to check up on me but I rarely do that.

PS the title is purposely misleading, I'm not insane (at least in that sense, I mean you never know)

Oh! And you know that physics lab that my teacher gave me a second chance on, I got one of the highest marks: 17/20. I was happy with it! (Thank you Jesus for the whole deal!).

3 comments:

SamanthaMarie said...

I'm going to Boise State University Honors College. Which is only five and a half hours away, but you'd be surprised what distance can do to friendships. Or maybe you wouldn't be surprised since I believe you mentioned a lot of your friends have already started going to college right?
I hope I stay in touch with David too, but I really honestly don't think that I will... which is hard, but apart of life.

In response to one of my comments you asked how I knew I would be friends with Casey for a long time. I think it's one of those things where you just know. But there's also the fact that we just have a really deep friendship connection. We care about the little things as much as the big things. We pray together, cry together, worship together. We often say that God has ordained our friendship because of all that we've been through... I can't really put words to it though, sorry if that made no sense!

I'll be praying for that family!! It's really sad :( it reminds me of all the people in Myanmar with the cyclone and everything. The world is falling apart :(

I procrastinate as well. So I don't think I really have much advice to give lol. If I figure out some big secret to stop, I'll definitely let you know :D

Love you girly!!!

SamanthaMarie said...

I'm okay now, thanks for caring girl :) I just started to think more and more about end-of-the-year and saying goodbye to everyone. I got a little freaked out, but I gave it all to God and things have been improving :)

Having a friend to pray with is such a blessing. I will be praying that God will soon send you a special friend like that.

I have in fact already found a church (whether it will be my permanent church or not is questionable, but hopefully!) I know that it will be SO important to stay grounded spiritually and remember to always put God first. I'm actually hoping/praying to maybe transfer to a Christian university after a year or two, God willing. But He has it all planned out and I just have to follow His lead :)

Dragonflysoul said...

wow that's really scary about your neighbor's house fire. i cannot imagine such devastating loss :-( i will say a prayer for them. i'm very glad to know that no one was hurt. praise God for that!