Friday, May 23, 2008

Today's Stuff

I just finished reading Zechariah. This past March a few of my friends went to Israel to check out the holy land, they're actually some of the leadership from the team of people I'm going to Thunderbay with.

Anyways, they came back with some cool stories and they were talking about the Mount of Olives. They told us of how when Jesus comes back he'll stand up top and it'll split, East to West, half of it moving North and the other South. And I think it may be the Muslims who own land on the one side of it where Jesus will walk. So what they've done, even though they don't believe in the Bible or in Jewish Law, they've built a wall all the way along the eastern side and also have a cemetery because Jewish prophets aren't allowed to walk along through cemeteries.

But then this is what I've heard but haven't actually looked into further, that a fault line has recently been found right through the mountain! Pretty much, the Bible is truth and all creation supports it. It's just that logical. I said all that because I found where all that is found in the Bible: Zachariah 14:4.

"On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south."

The best verse of the chapter is this though, Zachariah 14:9.

"The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name."

Other things, today I've been listening to music and understanding it more than I usually do. Don't know if you know the song Leaving 99 by Audio Adrenaline, but I've never known what it's all about before today and it made no sense. It's about Leaving the 99 sheep for the one lost sheep.

My brother's birthday party is tonight but his actually birthday is next Friday. It seems like he's really getting bigger lately. Both more mature and taller. The good thing is that I can still beat him when we wrestle... for now. He's turning 11, yeah I know, what a poop. I love that kid so much!

No comments: