Thursday, May 22, 2008

Science Olympics

I just got back from my science olympic thing and maybe you were wondering how it went.

It was fun. I woke up at 5:30 this morning. There were three events: bio, chem, and physics. They were all grade 12 level, which made it somewhat challenging. For the chemistry event no one had a clue what to in my group so we just spent an hour mixing different chemicals together.

The whole thing was survival themed. The physics event was my favourite, we had to make a catapult/launch thing with elastics and a funnel. I think we were supposed to use equations to get the ball a certain distance but we only did trial & error. That's basically everything important.

Oh, my friend Eden (in between friend and acquaintance), she was talking to this guy named Patrick, who's really into music, about Hillsong. That's cool but the one thing that was on my mind the whole time because they were talking for a while, was that they only talked about Hillsong and never once mentioned Jesus who is the center of all the praise that Hillsong sings... Just my thoughts.

yggiC

1 comment:

SamanthaMarie said...

I knew you were crazy, enjoying science stuff... pshaw!! ;)

You are right, that is kind of.. interesting. Sometimes it's easier to talk around Jesus instead of directly about Him I guess.

Thanks for your comments on my testimony blog :) I really appreciate all that you said.

I pray all has been well my dear one!!!