Friday, May 23, 2008

Canoe Trip Prayer Request

I'd just like to quickly ask you guys if you could be praying for some discernment for me. I've got a second cousin coming over from Zimbabwe this summer for a while and the week I could get to see her is the week that my youth group has our annual canoe trip.

In normal circumstances, I'd easily choose to see my cousin who I haven't seen since I was like 6, but here's the problem this is my last year of canoe trip before having to move on to C&C the following year.

The thing is I was talking to my pastor today and from what I got out of it, it sounds like it's going to be a pretty fundamental trip like a good starting stone for the group's next year. And I'm guessing that the youth leadership's going to be pretty well established by the end of it, which I really want to be a bigger part of. I wanna step up and do a bit more... just be more involved with the way things go, y'know. It's not something I really want to miss out on, plus the canoe trip is great fun.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is in control!

SamanthaMarie said...

I will be praying!! :)