Monday, April 28, 2008

Other Things at the Moment

Almost all of my university friends are back home again now, which is so good! They were always here before this year so when they first left it felt like the roof over my head wasn't there anymore. It was weird and kind of hard at first. You just know that you're automatically a leader by the time you get to the eleventh grade, like it or not. Plus, when this school year started I had just come back from a missions trip, which pretty much made it official, no turning back. Not a bad thing but new. And having them back just reminds me of how awesome and unique they all definitely are!

Yesterday I skateboarded all the way home from church. It was awesome but my bearings suck, so I'm getting Bones Reds, the biggest bang for my buck. I hope to learn and get better at tricks too.

Yesterday I also went to a thing called snacs (acronym for Sunday night after church service). We basically sing songs of praise and pray. But last night it was outside and I was only wearing shorts and a T-shirt. My friend Mel (who's house it was at) gave me a sweater cause it was cold. Later on I jokingly asked her for some pants and she got me some. I was playing the drums and I didn't have enough time to get them on all the way between songs so I left them at the top of my thighs but not covering my butt. My shorts were plaid and it pretty much looked like I was wearing my pants really low and wearing boxers. It was really funny and I left it like that on purpose. Well, when else would I ever have that kind of opportunity again, huh? Great stuff. Well that's it.

By the way, I realize I'm writing quite a few of these... so if you're having a hard time keeping up, I understand and I apologize.

1 comment:

SamanthaMarie said...

Never apologize for writing a lot of blogs, it's quite fun to read them :) I love the days that I have off and get a chance to catch up.

The "boxer" thing does in fact sound quite entertaining, and the fact that they weren't boxers make it all the better :D I didn't know that you know how to play the drums! Very neat :D I wish I was musically talented. I tried learning to play the guitar, but I just don't have the patience.

Seeing old friends is always delightful. (Or sometimes I guess it can be bad, so it's good that you are all on good terms :D)

I hope and pray all else is going well in your life!! :) I responded to your comment that you left on my blog... on my blog lol.

OH and I forgot to write this on your previous blog, but I totally understand what you mean. When people know intimate and deep things about you, but it seems like they don't even care. It's like your putting your soul out there for them, and they don't even give you anything back. It would be scary/horrible.