Saturday, April 26, 2008

a lesson of trust and contentment

K so I need to be working on a physics project right now but I have this urge to write what I'm going to write. This'll be my last time on here 'til I get it done afterwards.

What I've been learning lately:

I'm starting to realize more how to live for God properly. So many times I've just thought that if something was wrong or wasn't right in my life, well pray about it for sure, but it's like I just had this attitude or way of going about it that was like focus on that thing until it's done with and then move on so you can truly live for God.

But what I'm realizing is that if something comes up, then yes, pray about it. Pray about it a lot if you need to. But what we shouldn't be doing is sitting back like we're paralyzed saying "God, if you can just deal with this thing - then I can live for you properly". Well, there's never going to be a point in our lives where there's nothing going on that needs to be changed or that could be better. So if we let whatever it is that's going on take our focus so much that it begins to rob the attention that God deserves, then that's wrong.

What we should be doing is placing our trust in God, for everything, trusting that he can take care of whatever it is. That's not always gonna be easy but when we do people around are going to see that we're not perfect and that we're depending on God for our needs.

The other thing is that I'm just really content at this moment. And even though x number of this may be going on, I wouldn't trade my situation for somebody else's. And I'm so glad that I have this relationship with Jesus. I can just look at my life and say that I would be utterly hopeless without him!

yggiC (your graffitigirl in Christ)

3 comments:

SamanthaMarie said...

Hello my sister in Christ! How I've missed your blogs (but I do understand that life gets busy.) I'm first going to respond to the comments you left me and then write a comment for the blogs you've written since I was last on, this shall be fun :D

My dad isn't much of a dancer either. He's a really reserved man so it was a blessing that he danced with me. And I ABSOLUTELY love that song. It's beautiful :D

I wish I knew you because then I would throw you an awesome birthday party too!! Maybe one day you'll get surprised and one of your friends will do it :D

I've been spending a lot of time outside as well (well when it hasn't been snowing or raining ;) God's creation is SO beautiful and I'm really glad that you have a place where you can go and bask in His presence. That's such a blessing and I'm sure He loves the time that you choose to spend with Him.

I'm glad you got to finish that blog and write a couple more in addition. I'm going to read through them now and read some comments! I hope you get to come on again soon!

Love you girl!

SamanthaMarie said...

That was a beautiful post that spoke directly to my heart my dear sister in Christ. You just reminded me of how TINY my problems are when compared with our HUGE AWESOME GOD!! :)

Too often I will forget that God is the one in charge, not me! I need to give it all to Him everyday, and more than once. If I cling to this and that God will never be able to rock my world. I have to let go of my control and truly give it all to God.

And you're SO right. None of us will be "perfectly ready" for God. Because we aren't perfect. We just have to GO. He will push us and place us where we need to be for His purpose. But if we get in the way, we will never accomplish anything.

This post rocks and so do you!!

I'll be praying that you can finish all that you need to finish and that you keep our wonderful Creator first in your life. Continue going to Him girl, and life will always be joyful, no matter the situation. Happiness is fleeting, but joy in CHRIST is ETERNAL!!

LOVE YOU!

Dragonflysoul said...

i'm glad you have a peaceful place where you can go and be with the Lord. that's awesome.

mine has been the pool lately. water is so calming to me.