Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday Night at the Hub

I had a great night tonight. Today's a Monday so I met with the people who are going to Thunderbay with me. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned them at least once before. Tonight we were talking about journaling.

1 Study Notes (Bible)
2 Prayer Journals
3 God Stories

They asked if any of us journaled, and I could say yes because of this blog, although I never actually mentioned it specifically. Prayer journals are cool, I might start one. Talking to God on paper. But the other side of that is that it does take a lot of time, worth it though but still time consuming. Cool things can come of them and the thing about it is that they're so personal and real. Honest too. We were talking about why we wouldn't let people read them and that was one of the reasons. Another reason that I didn't mention at the time was that I would hate to have someone read my deepest most personal thoughts and then knowing those things, have that relationship whereever it is left stagnant or have nothing change. Know what I mean? They would know so much about you and that be it, I don't know if that makes sense. I don't have the right words to say what I mean. We also talked about why we would want to read someone else's and the one reason that I think is most true for me is I would want to know what people think of me, and also just to know what's really going on in my life.

We talked about dreams and I got to tell the one that you guys just got the chance to read now. My friend Jodi guessed that it was Jesus before I even said so! He definitely wasn't trying to hide who he was, that's for sure.

God stories. Everyone get writing what God's doing in your life! I bet one day they'll affect or change someone else in someway. I want to do this more, and I'm not gonna lie I wanna see more of Jesus working in my life!

What we did tonight that was cool. We got to write letters to God and we sealed them and they said that we would would send them to us not for our next birthday but the one after that. That would be my 18th. The whole time I wrote I was just wondering what God show me about the letter in a year's plus time. I tried just writing about what's going on in my life now as a prayer. But even after I had finished I was still thinking of things I could've put in there that I didn't. But I'm excited about that because it's cool. FYI My birthday's the 24th of June, don't forget it.

1 comment:

SamanthaMarie said...

Sounds like a really good meeting. Deep and insightful. Good topics of conversation :)
I personally have a prayer journal, and it helps me a lot. It's interesting to see what prayers have been answered and which ones God has yet to take care of. I also write down verses that I've read for the day and respond to them. I often don't have time to write every day but I try to get a few days in for each week :) I recommend starting one if you are interested. The worst that could happen is that you won't have the time after a few tries, and I'm sure God could understand as long as He's still your number one priority in other ways :)

That letter thing sounds so cool. It's even better that you will be getting it back once you've hit that milestone of a birthday!! :) I'm remembering what day it is, you can bet on it ;) :D