Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Someone likes me...

So two nights ago, one of my good friends kind of randomly said to me that someone likes me. I asked her who it was but she wouldn't say. Then she asked me if I was excited that someone liked me. I said no because I didn't know who it was. It's a cool thing though, I guess, that is to be liked. 

And it's kinda bugging me. This is the first time I've known for sure that someone likes me. There's been one or two times times when I think people have maybe liked me but I've never really known. So that's interesting. It's been making me think though about how I have high standards that need to be met if anything were to happen between me and whoever it is. 

It also made me think about how little most guys know about me. The guy who knows the most about is taken, which is perfectly fine. He's a great guy and his girlfriend is one of my really good friends but you should notice that I said he knows the most about me, not that he knows me the most.

I'm not an idiot either. I wouldn't pour my heart to any guy after just starting a relationship, maybe after time passes like maybe after a year I would start to tell him deeper or more personal things. If it even lasts that long. So I'm not going to get on any guys case for knowing me too well at first. 

On the other hand, there's quite a bit to me to know. Very few people know that I just recently started pondering the idea of getting a tattoo when I'm older. I don't know where it would be or how it would look but it would say Hephzibah. It comes from the Bible verse Isaiah 62:4 (The Message) :

No more will anyone call you Rejected,
    and your country will no more be called Ruined. 
You'll be called Hephzibah (My Delight),
    and your land Beulah (Married), 
Because God delights in you
    and your land will be like a wedding celebration.

Hephzibah means my delight is in her, so it would be about how God delights in me. When I was looking up stuff about Flyleaf, as I do when I find something new that I'm interested in, I found that Lacey Mosley has a tattoo of the word Beulah on her left forearm. (Good image link: laceystat.jpg). Beulah means married so I can understand how that would imply intimacy with God and such but for me Hephzibah speaks more to me. It's kind of funny how I started thinking about because I read about the tattoo but never really thought about it much afterwards then I found the same verse in my devos last night. So that's not entirely related but I thought I'd share that with you. 

And there's other things that are unique to me. This blog in a nutshell: Someone likes me but I don't know who. It's been on my mind and kind of bugging me. I have high standards and I been thinking and that when you get into a relationship you get into a whole lot of person, if you know what I mean. My example was that just recently I've been thinking of the future possibility of one day getting a tattoo (perhaps).




No comments: