Wednesday, April 16, 2008

two nights ago

So two days ago school was really boring but two nights ago was really great. I think I mentioned this once before a while ago in one of my older blogs but I go to this place on Mondays nights and it's basically a Bible study. Most of the people who go are also going to Thunderbay on a missions trip type thing. What I learned was awesome. 

We started by doing two skits - two skits, two groups. My group did Genesis 3. It was a good skit I got some laughs in there. I was Eve since I was the only girl. Read the chapter for yourself but it's the one where Adam and Eve eat the fruit. For the fruit we used muffins, which turned out to be really hard! 

The other skit was of John 20, that's actually not it. It's from a different gospel, I forget which but it's that story. 

John 20:12 says "and she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had been lying". If you look back to the Old Testament there were two Cherubim on either side of the ark of the covenant just like these angels (angels are cherubim) were in the tomb. The ark of the covenant the ark held the ten commandments, Aaron's rod and some other stuff I think . The place where it was kept was called the holy of holies and once a year one of the priests were allowed to go in and be intimate with God there. Jesus is also the holy of holies. 

I'm actually realizing that this is just way too hard to try explain here. But seriously! Read the Bible and get into it, I think there is a verse that says it's  mystery. That's truth obviously, and slowly I'm just being able to see more of how the Old Testament relates to the New, and seeing clear undeniable images of Christ in it. Do it, that's my challenge for you (and for me).

I'm going to try and post another new blog up either tomorrow or the next day when I have time... If I have nothing to say then I'll tell you something you've never known about me. Well those are my finishing thoughts for today. You can hope that I'll tell the story of what I'm thinking of, because it's a good one! 

ttfn (ta ta for now)

1 comment:

SamanthaMarie said...

Hello my dear! It never registered in my brain that I had gotten another comment on my post, but I realized it tonight and had to comment you straight away!! :)
Thank you for your prayers for me and my friend. I'm going to keep praying about it, but I think God is preparing me to let go of the friendship after we graduate. But I don't want to get ahead of Him so I will keep praying.
We actually get well into the 100s down here. Although, that's almost too hot, so I would love the 90s :D

HA. Skateboarding. I tried that ONE time, biffed it hardcore, and have never had a desire to do it again. Although, I too, love to go biking :)

Those skits sound really great. And I just LOVE LOVE LOVE, how so much of the old testament points to Jesus as Messiah. It's exciting! Sometimes it takes me awhile to get the parallels though.

How are things with you and your friend?

I pray all is well!