Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Last Day of School

What bum... my friend didn't come to class today. Hardly anyone did. So it wasn't just her but I guess what that means for me is that I should be praying for her whenever I think of her. I know she's not over her cutting because I saw some new cuts yesterday near her hip which I think she meant to cover. That hurts me. When I talked with her that one Friday it seemed like she was blaming her depression on her body or just the way she is but I think that there's a whole lot left that she probably didn't want to talk about then. I wanted so badly just to tell her today that she's loved! Anyways, that's a disappointmeant...

I'm probably not going to get nearly the grades I hoped for because I've slacked off. I know I could do better but there's no motivation there. And I'm not a keener, this whole school system wasn't build for me. I'd rather hands on stuff. I don't even really care anymore I just want school to be done!

Yeah, I'm not really in that great a mood right now. I was talking with another one of my friends today and something she was really excited about and looking forward to for next year is cancelled or at least for her. She didn't really want to talk about it so I don't know the details.

On the upside I found some spare sharpie markers in my media arts class and my teacher let me have one. And I finished my claymation yesterday. The sound could have been much better but it turned out alright. And my media arts teacher (his name's James Ruddle, we call him Ruddle), so Ruddle cancelled a while back the exam we were supposed to have so I didn't have to do that today and those who came got to chill and I did some art. I'm gonna hopefully post some of my new stuff here (sometime). (sigh)

So here's the claymation. Enjoy!

4 comments:

SamanthaMarie said...

I'm sorry that things haven't been going so well. I definitely care and am glad that you choose to write about it here and be so open and honest with all of us. I'm proud of you for not holding back the fact that you aren't SUPER-FANTASTIC all the time. You are a real girl with very real feelings.

I will continue praying for the media arts young woman. Maybe next year you'll have a class with her? Or maybe you'll see her around this summer? All of that would depend upon how big your city is and how many kids go to your school, but God can move mountains, so I'll be praying for more opportunities for her to hear the Good News from you or another caring person :)

Sometimes it's definitely hard to be motivated to do things we don't care about. I know I hate helping around the house, so I really have to push myself to do it. I know I hate science, so I will have to push myself in college to do that homework. It's a dreadful series of stuff we hate to do, but have to do. I'm sure your grades are going to be amazing anyway. And perhaps this summer you could pray for God to give you a change of heart about how important school work is to you and then maybe you will be more motivated :D

I LOVE that claymation!! It's soooooo cool. I wish I knew how to create that!

I love you. I'm here for you... well in the best way I can anyway :)

Dragonflysoul said...

i'm so sorry that your friend is still struggling with cutting. that has got to be not only tormenting her, but really hard for you too. i can tell you care about her so much, and it's hard to not have any control over someone else's actions. you are in my prayers, luv.

what's a keener?? i love learning new words!

i feel for you and your lack of motivation, especially when you want to do be doing other things with your life that school just doesn't seem to fit or provide. hang in there - times are coming when you will be able to exercise that God-given desire to do hands-on things!

Dragonflysoul said...

OMG, i just watched your claymation vid. i was DYING laughing when they started breakdancing!!

that is too cute and funny! really creative, great job, Ggirl. i have no idea how to do something like that.

Stephanie said...

For those of those of you wondering about the claymation, this is how you do it: take a whole bunch of pictures that only change slightly everytime and play them really fast with sound. This one had 445 pictures.