Saturday, June 14, 2008

Back to the Filipinos and a Garage Sale

So last night I went with my dad down to his youth group. As a recap, he's the pastor of a Filipino church in the Toronto area region. It's some distance away from where I live and when I used to go to that church it killed me that I couldn't see the people there more often and be involved in the things they did. So eventually I came back to the local church where I went before the pkship started.

I go back every so often because I need to see people and plus a lot of them supported me with my missions trip. It's truly not a thing I enjoy doing though. I've lost connection with most of the people, really all of them.

Nothing happened that I didn't expect to happened. I felt somewhat to myself. I only really talked to two people one of them is the youth leader of the preteens and the other I've never known more than a "Hey! How are you?". I didn't even remember her name. I later tried to secretly ask my dad what her name was.

Sometimes I feel like I'm expected to know everyone's names because everyone knows my name. Of course they know my name. I'm like that long lost, unseen daughter of his. I'm sort of legendary in a sense I guess. But I'd rather not be. I'd rather be one or the other, there or not there.

And I suck at bowling! My dad's good at it but none of that rubbed off on me.

When we were leaving God blew my mind away with a light show aka a thunder storm. So cool! I hate raining days, and thunderstorms are annoying when they don't stop like they have been but when God puts one in your face and your outside to enjoy it, they are really awesome!

It was pouring like I've never seen pour but I stayed dry underneath a covering. The lightning's cool but what I really loved most was the thunder! I don't know why, the bigger the better. My younger brother who's 11 jumped at couple of them but I just smiled. And you should have seen the kind that get plastered across my face. I definitely got thrilled. No one else can put on a show like that!

Today I slept in, I hate sleeping in. There was a misunderstanding between my mom and I. I thought that she knew I was planning on going to the church garage sale that was a fund raiser for the PNG trip. Apparently not and so I went late. I brought along all the change I collect off the ground. Which was about 5 bucks saved up.

I bought a few good finds: a pair of swim shorts probably 50 bucksish in store for only 3, the movie signs on VHS, a Stacie Orrico CD for my sister because her's is scratched.

I can't help remember last year's garage sale for my trip. So much fun, pretty much a blast! The car wash, and chillin out at the clothes station, trying them all on with my friends Natalie and Morgan. Morgan's good at selling stuff, she's a very influential person! I like remembering things, OK?

Anyways, this thing has turned into a massive pile of words so I'll end it here. Plus I have to clean my room. Talk with you ladies later, ggirl.

1 comment:

Dragonflysoul said...

i love garage/yard sales and flea markets! i'm always looking for a good one, and i like having them too.

storms are beautiful and perfect illustrations of God's power, but they scare me to death!