Thursday, October 23, 2014

Redemption Story - Day 7

Here is a redemption story. God saves people by the preaching and sharing of the gospel. He saves people by having his people tell stories to other people about how good and awesome he is. I’m one of them. God saved me because a woman at camp, back in 1999, shared how God first saved her at camp when she was a kid. Through her story, I was able to get it, that God wasn’t just for my parents, that it’s more than just something to do on Sundays. God was choosing me, so I chose him, too.

When God saves someone, he brings them into his family. It’s adoption! It means life to the dead. Belonging to those who would have no one. Love and acceptance to the unlovable and otherwise rejected.

God is my family. The Church is my family. Jesus is my big brother who loved my Dad so much that he said ‘Yes’ when Dad asked him to die for me, for all of us. The good news is that he’s not dead anymore. He’s alive! I can’t wait to see him. He is my hope for life. He’s my everything. He is worth my everything!

No comments: