Sunday, October 19, 2014

Redemption Story - Day 3

​Here’s a story of redemption. God keeps saving me. I am a child of God. I long to live a cruciform life like Jesus. Today I’m asking the Father what it looks like to lay down my life for my quaddies, without doing it to get loved back.

Today is the Lord’s day (Sunday). I get to go to church. I skimmed an interesting article yesterday about how we might not be preparing enough to go to church, and how that might be the reason why we don’t get as much as we want out of church. The writer suggested pouring over our Sunday mornings in prayer the night before to ask for God to move among us. He listed some suggestions but here are some of my own that come to mind:

- Pray for God to convict us of sin that we would repent and turn away from it.
- Pray for the pastors, that they would teach us rightly from the Word of God.
- Pray for God to save people through the preaching.

We have real hope because Jesus actually died for us. He actually came back to life. He actually gives us power to believe and obey. Amen.

No comments: