Saturday, October 25, 2014

Gospel in 200 Words

The gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ. The gospel means that there is absolutely nothing I can do to earn my place with God, which... could be bad news, except that God didn’t want to be apart. So Jesus left heaven, was born a baby, lived a perfect life for his Dad, then died on the cross, and took my place.

But get this, Jesus didn’t stay dead! He died, was buried, laid in a tomb for three days, then came back to life by the power of God’s Spirit, and was seen alive by lots of people. Then, promising to come back, he went home to his Dad. Jesus’ Dad is happy with him because Jesus obeyed him perfectly.

Because he took my place, I get to take his place. God is happy with me, too! It’s not because of anything that I’ve done - Jesus did it all! I just have to accept what he did.

Now I’ve died with Jesus and I live with him. I’m a new creature altogether, free to live a life that makes God happy like Jesus. It is so good; this new life never stops being brand new! Thanks you, Jesus!

No comments: