Saturday, October 18, 2014

Redemption Story - Day 2

Here’s a redemption story. God saves me. I am a child of God. I get to be defined by who God says I am rather than what I say about myself. That means that I need to listen to his voice; train my ear to hear it, eh?

I’m taking a course right now called Marriage, Singleness and Sexuality and learning lots. Theologians like Augustine place quite high prominence on the calling of Consecrated Virginity, which goes very largely unaddressed in Evangelical circles.

Conversely, others such as Pope John Paul II and Paul Evdokimov really draw out the beauty of the unity of masculinity and femininity as mutual gifts to one another, which in many ways reflects God’s divine character. What stands out in the course of these things is that there is deep mystery in human sexuality down both avenues, which reveal our need to thank God and seek him.

As a single woman looking forward in life, I find it interesting that, where most of the world around me pushes toward relationships, marriage and children, for the first time in forever there seems to be real choice between the two. Which shall I choose? I’ll wait and see.

No comments: