Friday, January 9, 2009

Boring Stuff, but maybe not boring

Everything's kind of terribly boring for me lately. I've gotta a couple culminatings due next week that I need to work on. Ooh! Have I told you what I'm doing for my art culminating? It's about cutting. On the right of the image I'll have a girl's right hand and wrist on the right of the image. Her wrist will be cut and bleeding. On the left they'll be another hand, this one Jesus's. His wrist also bleeding but not because of cutting but because of the nail driven through his wrist when he died on the cross. His hand will be reaching the girls. So both are bleeding and together at the bottom center on the image the blood will create a graffiti of the word hope. And because of the way I'm doing it, you'll also be able to see a image of the cross within the word. I don't yet know what I'll be doing with the background. Maybe just graffiti type graphics. I really need to get that figured out. I could just post my art on here when the semester ends. Then you'll be able to see it for yourself.

But, ok, so I stupidly chose to be the first one critiqued and bit scared, not that the art won't be good but because my friend Larissa who cuts is in that class and I haven't really told her what I'm doing mine about yet. I'm just worried because I don't know how she'll take it. You can pray about that if you want. I'm hoping that it'll have a good affect.

Another than that... umm. It like I keep getting bad marks back at school. I want to care but it seems like nothing's ever done about that in the way I organize my life. I really need to do a good job on my culminatings that are left and my exams. Yeah, I could say more but there's not really any point. Oh, and there's day called the lunar new year. It's right in the middle of my exams and because school's are allowed to do major holidays there is a normal school day in between exams! No one's going to go. I'm not. It's rediculous. How come my birthday is never considered as holiday? It's on the 24th of June. Some people at my school wrotes exams on that day last year. Tahnkfully I didn't, but c'mon it's St-Jean-Baptiste Day. Yeah, I should start a riot! Or something... Can anyone tell me who celebrates the lunar new year anyways? Didn't think so.

Also, I ordered the NASB Study Bible a couple days ago. My dad actually did for me but I'm really excited for it. Real leather, and it wasn't very expensive. When I get it I don't know what I'll study but I'm just gonna read it and read it and read it. And memorize it and make myself really familiar with it and be really knowledgeable and stuff. And hopefully that'll show through in the way I live. I want it now.

That's all, ggirl.

1 comment:

SamanthaMarie said...

I really hope you post a picture of your artwork, that sounds amazing. I bet it will turn out great (:

I hope the school situation and motivation gets better. I know that it can be hard.

Random holidays are fun, except I never get them :P

Yay for the Bible!! :D