Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A great day!

I sincerely apologize for my lack of blogging, although I'm starting to feel like no one reads this anymore anyways. But the summer's coming to an end (unbelivable, eh?) and school will start when it does it won't be too likely that I won't post a lot more often. All that to say, I'll probably get back into the habit more.

I got back from Belize a couple days ago the trip was fun. The most disappointing thing for me though, was praying for the chance to talk to my cousins about Jesus and then finding themselves mostly in their own bubble of friends (or just boyfriends rather). Yeah. Overall it was really good.

Today was amazing! I got to go spend with just me and a close friend. We ate lunch together and saw a movie, and afterwards we prayed for each other. We saw the Sisterhood of the traveling pants. She going to school in Alberta this year and that seems really far away. So today was really good for us. I gave her this neat headband, probably a little different from anything you've seen, and she loved it. I got it in Belize. I got myself a matching one. She told me I knew her too well. She also gave me a gift. Some cards and decorations so we can write each. (I'm looking forward to that). You just gotta love this girl.

Then afterwards her mom happened to be driving by. Probably the most excited person I've seen in a long time. She had a job interview that we had prayed for and it went really well. So now she can make an offer on the house she's fallen in love with and she's moving in this weekend. It was a really good day!

2 comments:

SamanthaMarie said...

Aww honey! I'm so glad you got to spend some quality time with your friend before she left. And those gifts sound lovely and perfect for the both of you!

It's too bad about your cousins, but I definitely know how that can be. At least your life can be a testimony to our Lord Jesus. That is the important thing for sure.

Praise the Lord for your friend's mom! Prayers are powerful!!

SamanthaMarie said...

-Ahem-
You should update (:
Hehe!