Saturday, March 6, 2010

Youtube? What is that?!

So, how are things.


So when I'm bored I often find myself on the computer. The Internet. Sometimes eBay. Sometimes, on rare occasions, Facebook. Sometimes Neopets, perhaps? I do some Skyping a bit. I dunno.

And obviously, I blog. Now if you're reading this you know what that's all about and that I'm quite into it. I've got this regular thing going on where every once and a while I'll type something and a blurb pops up of varying degrees of value.

My question then is, do any of you take an interest in vlogging? Hmm? Vlogs. Like doing what I'm doing now, but instead I would film myself talking to a camera about whatever. It's more open. Sometimes "communities" can form, I've heard. (As can happen with regular blogging, like I've experienced.)

One of my favourites is Strawburry17, along with the other VlogCandy members, though I'm not a huge fan of VlogCandy itself.

A year or two ago, I watched a video on how to solve a Rubik's cube by Pogobat a.k.a. Dan Brown. I can solve one now, but have recently revisited his videos. I like them, they're more focused than those of other channels. You'd have to see them to know what I mean but I like them.

There seems to be a few elite on Youtube who manage to create videos and attract a following. I suppose in that sense that would make a follower. I hate that, but if that's how it is, then that's how it is.

For my last birthday, my eighteenth, I asked for a video camera. Honestly, I haven't really utilized it yet. But I would still like too. Plus, I got a tripod for Christmas, so I better get to it sometime. (Heheh, just like that skateboard I got for my fifteenth.... I use that sometimesss).

But here's what I'm trying to say. The Internet is probably, definitely actually, the most prominent, characterizing, defining thing of this age. I'm sure it's influence must be exponential, growing everyday, and I want to be a part of that. Add something. Youtube is huge, and for anyone who has something to say, I think there's a place. So if there's one for me, I'd like to find it. That is if I can bring something original. Maybe.

I think that leaves me with a camera and a fantasy... Tools I'm untrained with. Yet to be discovered and learned. For another day, hopefully not too far off.

No comments: