Friday, May 15, 2009

I'VE GOT SOME SICK FOSSILS!!!

I had a great day today. This morning feels like yesterday, but nonetheless awesome. It started out good and pregressively got better. I went on an field trip with my Earth and Space class. Got some fossils in the morning. In all the years, my teacher's ever done this trip, I was the first one to ever find a graptolite fossil at the quarry we went to. I tried tading it with my teacher for a really awesome trilobite fossil he found but that didn't go so well.

I found a huge chunk of green feldspar. The pink stuff's really common but I think the green stuff's quite rare.

Then I went caving in the evening. The best part. By far. Me and two of my friends Logan and Mark went so far down in this one cave. It was awesome. Probably like 30m down. We didn't even have time to fully explore it. Logan called it the Narnia Abyss. We definitely saw Aslan. There was still some ice at some of the bottom of the caves. So much fun. If you ever have the chance to go caving take that opportunity my friends. Unless your claustrophobic. Or pregnant... (I'm assuming that that wouldn't be a good idea).

We got back to the school at 8:30 where gym night had already started. I got to see more people back from school. AHHH! Good day. One of those friends was in the same class a few years ago so she knew exciting and fun this was.

I got really dirty but it was so worth. I even I dirty boogers. I needa go take a shower and have a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

Dragonflysoul said...

LOL @ dirty boogers. that is gross and hilarious!

that sounds like a lot of fun - what an adventure. caving would be a fascinating experience if i didn't have a phobia of things/places caving in on me underground.

oh yeah, and if i wasn't pregnant.