Monday, May 4, 2009

College Kids, for a lack of a better title

Here's an update on how things are up in my northernly situated life. It's a follow up to what I wrote a few posts earlier which included the word protest in the title but was hardly about protests at all. (If you haven't read it).

This past weekend was one of the best I've had in a while. I can't recall what I did Friday evening but I can assure you it was nothing of interest. Really boring, for sure. Saturday, I did a 5k walk in Toronto in support of a group called Light Patrol with Youth unlimited. They're involved in doing stuff with the homeless. They're really cool. I don't know if it got mention but in October (considering the date probably not), I went down for the day and actually be involved in what they do. It's an awesome group. As a note to my Sami, that would not have happened if I hadn't read the IR.

The entire walk I got to talk with one of my friend's who just finished her second year of university. She's was a really good friend in gr 9 & 10 for me, and still is a good friend. That was really good. We talked mostly talked about the environment, evolution (which we both agree is crap for a lack of a better word), and science in general, because we are honestly very cool like that. I love her. And I like her a lot too. Both important.

And I got to see Morgan yesterday! Home from being way out in Alberta and Montana! I simply can't explain the feeling I felt seeing her walk in late to church, sitting in the front row, while I'm singing a song but wanting to jump on her and give her a massive hug. If you know the feeling than you know and that's all there is too it.

Every other Sunday evening my church does something called SNACS. We sing praise songs and pray at different people's houses. Yesterday we also did communion there. That was really cool.

I think that as long as I have friends in college I will mention their return home around this time of year. I love it.

So as far as what I wrote in the other posts goes, it's up and it's down. The way I feel depends on the day and the people I see and interact with. The general feeling towards the church is still there but I'm not acting on it. If you wanna be praying for me in that, you are awesome. Unless God has revealed my situation to somebody else, some other people, probably no one else is praying for me in that area. But hey, I'm a teenager. Am I not allowed to be somewhat depressed somewhat of the time?

One of the bigger struggles with that is how I lose motivation and find it difficult to open my Bible on the days I feel really low and out of it. Usually that leads to more days like that. Lately, I've been learning how God really wants my attention and for my focus to be on Him. I don't know if in my situation it was or wasn't but it might've been a pride thing in distracting myself from the Word. As if I have the strength to get better by leaving God out of the equation. Right now I'm just gonna go through Isaiah and see what's there for me to learn.

Another thing you could be praying for is for me to have discernment in whether I should be going to Thunder Bay for camp again this year. It was really awesome last year and I learned a lot. This year my dad's parent's 60th is on one of the lasts days and I can't make it home in time to do both. They're both important and I wish I could do both. I also wish my parents would just tell me what to do because that would be biblical at the same time as easier for me.

Anyways I don't think I have anything else interesting to say. I'm really exhausted. Oh, and since I'm giving ya stuff to pray for, um, I'm starting my geologic time unit in my Earth and Space course. I'm going to be taught the whole billions of years deal and evolution. It's already started today. So, I guess you could just being praying that God would use this opportunity to strengthen my faith. And whatever else you can think of. Thanks.

No comments: