Wednesday, April 1, 2009

life right now

Grade 10 literacy test tomorrow means I get the day off... at least the morning. And I would just take the whole thing off but I need to go in the afternoon for media arts. But at least I get to sleep in!

Right now, I'm so hungry. It's not my stomach though, it's hunger to know God's word better. I want something deeper there. I wish I could eventually know the whole thing and know exactly how every story points to Jesus.

For a long time the only time I've really spent in the word has been getting to know 2 tim. by memorizing it. And I got the third chapter finished. But it's gotten harder to find the time to recite it and keep it fresh and there's a longing for something new but I don't really know how to study it deeper. I want to. I'm a bit fearful that I'll forget what I've already learned but I'd rather know what it all means rather than just having a bunch of stuff memorized. That is important though.

But on the other hand some exciting stuff is happening. A prayer has started up now, just very recently at one of my friend's houses and it has tons of potential. I went yesterday for the first time and it was very good.

And I may be getting a another(new/first?) accountability partner. Well, she's a friend and known for a long time but not very well, so it be cool if this worked out well. I have different friend where there's some accountability between us but it's never been her title, and it might be considered more of a mentoring role. Great people indeed for sure.

So maybe a combo of the prayer group and this developing relationship could maybe, hopefully, could sooner than later bring abnout a girls group like the one there was in grade ten.... those are just my thoughts.

No comments: