Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This really pointless to post

I was going to write some lame boring post about nothing for all practical purposes. But now that I've read some of y'alls posts this will be the most irrelevant thing of your life. But the thought did strike me so I'll post it anyways. I'm serious though, you can stop reading now if you'd like. Do it, I dare ya. (but maybe tell me if you do)

So, the equation for circumference is always known as C=2πr, r being the radius of course, not that any of you are stupid. But how come it's never written as C=πd (d being the diameter)? It's simpler. But I guess if you're only given the radius to begin with, than it makes no difference at all.

Yep, a waste of typed letters for sure.

1 comment:

CaseyMay said...

I believe sometimes it is written as pie*d=C. Atleast I think so :)