Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Something amazing

Hey, hey, world!

Keeping it fresh, keeping it real...
Here comes Steph in her automobile!

Jk, jk.

Cool thing.
Yesterday, I met up with two of my friends from high school Dylan and Jill. They're married now and have been for the last four years. Dylan was one of my best friends. We played hacky sack almost everyday with our other friends at lunch. I knew Jill (and Dylan, too) fairly well from going to youth group, snocamps, canoe trips and all those cool things together. We even went to Malawi together with our fellowship nine years ago (not Dylan, though).

We've all grown up a whole lot. That was probably the sweetest thing about it all. We've all matured a lot, though I think we'd all say we still have a long way to go. It was really amazing. I don't know how to put it.

They own their own house now. We're getting real jobs. Planning dreams and doing stuff that's on track with the Father's heart and will. Doing it together. Partners in it all. It was truly so amazing.

Though the whole time was super informal and more like hanging out than having a meeting, we were getting together to talk about how their fellowship could partner with the work that the Father's leading me to in China. Honestly, it was so encouraging. Our time together was honest. They were real and supportive. I wasn't sure if our getting together would be a formality done because they were on a committee, made awkward because of having known each other a long time ago. But it wasn't like that at all! Shame on me for ever having let that thought cross my mind!

It's so cool to see how we could pick up our friendship not just where we left off but better than where we left off. Without having been together for several years, our hearts are and have been really moving in the same direction. This is what is to be like-minded, to have kindred souls where it really counts. It simply amazes me. Praise him for the good gifts he gives!

Peace till next time, Stephanie :)

No comments: