Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm going to clean my room today.

I probably shouldn't be writing now as this computer is continually a distraction, and there are things that need to be done. However, this continues to be the place where I can leave my thoughts.

I've commented on this a little before, so I'll just say this that I guess I've just entered in to that stage of life when some of my peers are getting married. And it's a little weird, especially considering that I found out today that the guy I sort of liked half a year ago is now engaged. I'm actually really happy for him though because I'm sure she's absolutely a jewel.

Now, what's really on mind is the church. As it always, whether I feel like I've got my Christian walk on or off, as I suppose the alternative is. I just have this dream, this vision, of how wonderful things could be if we just lived as though we actually were one. Not that it would make life any less difficult. It seems like whenever I'm not doing well I never have anyone to share my difficulties with and it hurts.

A church should be less about the events and activities that it does and be more focused. We're supposed to live a life of worship to this God who authored the only true good news. That good news of Jesus Christ alive is the foundation for which we are to build our whole lives on, and out that should come this attractive lifestyle of love. It's supposed to be lived together but I'm just not seeing it. It's hurts that this isn't what I see but hope needs to be held out.

Right now, I feel very disconnected. It is a grace that I can count people in my mind who I can talk with about this. And even further a grace, that they would mostly likely understand what I'm trying to say.

Should anyone read this, doesn't matter when, who has a relationship with Jesus, please pray over this matter. Pray for local churches that are visible to their communities and who testify as a witnesses to the gospel. Pray that the church would be devoted to knowing God's Word and upholding it as truth because in it there is salvation. Pray that the church would continue to learn to love its members like Jesus loves his bride, and that through this many would come to know Jesus as Lord. Amen.

K, now I'll start simple by just getting in to the Word, cleaning my room and just maybe I'll snack on something in between. I'll try and post something if there's any news on this topic but that's it for now. Peace.

No comments: