Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Not Original

It's not original.
It's. Not. Original.
It's just not.

Please -

I threw it to the fire.

Here's a new scroll.
Start again.

It's not original.
That I'm.
Here.

But why the obsession?
Who are you trying to please?

The imagery -
Cliché.
The simplicity -
Boring.
The rhythm -
Nonexistent.

So what?
I don't care to hear another word.








OK. So then I'll speak to the wall.
Because I haven't even begun.
Haven't even begun to tell you,
It's not the words that I care for.
But the thing they represent.

Where I am is not original.
And I don't want original.
Original - that's not a universal value, is it?

Because if it's not original,
Then maybe it's common.
Something people share in common.

You mean like how we both need food?
You order the pizza,
Then we'll share that in common.

No...
I don't think you understand.

Our work held in common;
The strain of tenacity unoriginal.
The question of perseverance endures.
Something that we share,
Each answer comes discretely.
Unoriginal but individual.
Discrete 'yes' joins the collective...

Well, if you don't want pizza -

I do.

_________
Written by Stephanie Wright
March 11, 2014

No comments: