Thursday, March 13, 2014

Honest

If I'm honest,
I find value in honesty.

I want to be vulnerable.
I want to share.

I want to be loved.
I want to be accepted.

I want to love.
I want to accept others.

I don't want to hurt.
I don't want to open up to hear one more good-bye.

But I want to be honest.
So I tell you how I am.

You are kind and you listen.
You pray for me.

You will leave me,
Because you must.
Or I will leave you.

Still I will share,
Because I find value in honesty.

I'll put my mask in the free box,
Hoping no one picks it up.

With Chapman I pray, "Lord, please take all of me.
And fill me up with your love!"

To be abandoned unto Christ,
To give fully to him everything.

Let me love sincerely.
Love freely and openly.

Let the heartbreak come,
For I know I am braced in you.

Let me love sincerely.
Love freely, openly.

________________________
Written by Stephanie Wright
March 12, 2014

No comments: