Sunday, May 2, 2010

A weekly something something?

So considering that I have to out the door tomorrow at six in the morning to say goodbye to a friend leaving the country to return to her home for the next four months, this is late.

But I have had something of what I might consider a good idea. Weekly stuff. Yuck? Well, as you may have noticed in recent posts, I have a growing interest in YouTube. Another word for that might be an issue, or even possible a small addiction. And we all know those aren't any good.

So there's just no way I could go without it - at least not at this time in history, as I see as possibly the greatest media ever created, or the media with the greatest potential for cultural direction and community. Does that sound lame? I could probably better word it if I had more time, but I frankly just don't care right now.

So here are the limitations for myself that I am proposing, feel free to hold me too them: that I should only watch on Thursdays and Sundays. (Though this Wednesday maybe the exception due to a certain vlogbrothers video that I'm looking forward too). If possible, I might explore playing around with videos, as in uploading videos, which I already have actually. So for videos that I might like to post in the future, that would have to wait until Sundays. Sundays would be the only permissible days. Actually, no. Not Sundays, Thursdays. Yes, only Thursdays. OK.

If you can think of any other things that might be useful as a weekly thing, please let me know. But if their only purpose turns out to be wasting, it simply can't happen. I have a time management issue. Always have.

Oh, and if you're at all interested in my YouTube thing, my user is basschic40. Subscribe if you think I may have potential, and if you just hate the videos, then don't. Also, I made a twitter account yesterday. As an experiment, similar to VEDA - which I did not do, I would like to tweet at least once a day. I reserve the right to bail at any time. If I can figure out, I might add a thing to the side of the blog.

K, night!

1 comment:

Diipo said...

I think we all have issues managing time... we therefore must continually work on improving our time mgt. skills and be flexible to accomodate some changes now and then as life definitely finds us all with a gift of shock sometime.