Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fast

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. That last thing that I proposed with Thursdays and Sundays. It hasn't worked at all.

Tonight my pastor encouraged me to take a fast for like a month. So that's the plan. No computer for a month. You can leave comments for me to return to for breakfast (after the month is done), but otherwise I won't get them.

Though it's YouTube that I've got myself addicted to, I think I'll miss my blog the most. Yes, definitely. It's like a dairy that I let strangers kindly comment on. (And yes, I know, I wouldn't consider all of you strangers). A place for discussion that doesn't consume me.

But obviously, I'm not doing this because I have perfect self-control, so if I were to let myself have this one this one little non-problem thing, the whole fast would be futile.

So I leave you with my peace and love. I will return, as I always do.

4 comments:

Diipo said...

enjoy your fast-period.

Mysimplethoughts said...

That is a long fast! and very brave of u lol im sure you will do great. I dont know you but thats awesome that your doing that. God will bless you:)

The Contemporary Christian said...

I just came off of a month long fast from meat for religious reason and since my blessings have come 10 fold. Trials have as well but given me better testimonies in the end. I pray for your strength throught this, i can imagine how difficult it will be.
http://thecontemporarychristiansblog.blogspot.com/

Lorraine said...

will miss you. too bad i came back just when you're not around. anyways, i'll be praying for you so good luck! looking forward to hear from you again ^_^