Sunday, August 23, 2009

"I should go for more walks"

Ahh too funny. I haven't been to my home church all summer but today I went today. The guy that I've mentioned a couple times saying that I like (two years older, strong Christian leader - pastor in training, body builder) - I still like him, he gave the sermon today.

It was one of my mom's friends, a woman in her 70s who never married, very nice ladie, she drove me home. She was talking about how he was so great. He spoke really well. And we were talking about him for a few minutes or so. She asked me where he lived and I told her that he lived on a nearby street. She told me I should go for more walks. That I should stop letting my mom walk the dog all the time.

Too funny. Clearly she meant I should get to know him more because he's a good guy, which is exactly what I want but she doesn't know that I like him. I'm asking God to arrange things so that I can marry him. But more than asking for a husband when I'm eighteen or even a boyfriend, what I'd like most to have with this man right now is a good solid conversation about church. I'd like to know what his plans are and what he hopes for when he goes to plant church. But he's a solid guy and I'd like to get to know him better.

On a different note, I have an interview tomorrow. I applied for an intership with MBC/Fair Havens. All the references and things got worked out. I wrote a bit about this in my last note. But yeah, if anyone reads this before tomorrow, if you could be praying that the interview goes well tomorrow. But more importantly that no matter whether the interview goes well or not or whether I get in, that my trust remains in Jesus for my purpose and for this coming year, for a future spouse, and whatever else might come my way.

That is what is on my mind. That's all folks! You can go home now. Seriously. OK.....

No comments: