Saturday, June 6, 2009

Yesterday was prom.

And I didn't go. I had no problem with that choice. I have friends I could've gone with but somehow it's just not that big of deal. My mom seemed to think that I must've been lonely, for not going to prom and all. Nope, that wasn't the case. Yeah, I don't know it just wasn't a big deal to me. I don't know. Not my scene. Most of my peers are probably partying on some beach right now and they'll get drunk tonight.
I think my feelings towards it all are rooted in my feeling towards all of highschool - I'm not crazy over it.

Anyways, more important news. Whether I've told you or not, I'm not going to Thunder Bay this year but I'm just as much a part of the team. There was a meeting on Thursday for it and I've committed to praying for the camp, the staff, the campers and anything else to do with it hardcore that week and prior to it. The people there are so important to me.

So I'll tell you the same things I told my friends going when I asked for their prayer requests (ooo reminder I needed to email those today to them...). I'm not the best pray-er so if you guys could be praying that I would continue to be praying for them, that would mean so much! If you wanna get further involved in praying, then please ask me. It's just harder because you haven't met any of them. By the way, these guys are the ones that get me stoked for God everytime I'm near them. I really love these people!

1 comment:

Dragonflysoul said...

i love that you have people in your life that get you excited about God when you're near them - i have a few of those too and it's so awesome. praying is hard for me too sometimes, so i understand. i'll pray for your prayer life to get stronger :-)

i'm glad that you don't feel any kind of way about not going to your prom. i'd hate it if you felt sad or bummed. but that's a personal decision you have to make for yourself and it sounds like you made the one that best suited you. so good job!