Thursday, April 3, 2014

Kelly O'Halloran - Thank You

Dear Kelly O'Halloran,

If you should ever stumble upon this deserted blog, I just want to thank you for that time back in gr.10 music class when for the first time in my life you put a good word in for Catholic Christians, when, growing up attending Baptist churches, I had never been properly taught about who they are and how they relate to non-Catholic churches (and vice versa). I was proud. I thought I knew everything. I flatly refused to hear what you were saying, that Catholics are just as much Christians as Protestants.

I've learned so much since then and I freely say that I was wrong. I want to learn to love my Catholic brothers and sisters and you brought me to the first step of being able to say that. Thank you.

I don't know if I ever even asked you if you were Catholic or not. I don't think we ever talked about it. But if we should ever get to see each other again, it would be a pleasure to talk with you about all this stuff. :)

Sincerely,
Stephanie Wright

No comments: