Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Early Morning at Bow Valley College

With dim eyes,
We see the sunrise.
From darkened cove,
A new petrove.
I’m finding life,
In the midst of strife.
Here comes the light,
I’m taking flight.
Coming into the day,
I can't stay away.

Written on February 25, 2014
By Stephanie Wright


Writer's memo:

I know 'petrove' is not a real English word but I wanted something that rhymed with cove. Upon googling whether it had meaning I found that Petrova is an uncommon Russian name for girls meaning 'rock' or 'stone,' coming from the Greek name Peter. And that's the meaning I would like to apply to 'petrove': In this time, I'm finding more than ever that Christ is my rock even when life seems out of control. And I guess by 'new' I mean that his strength is new to me again. :) I didn't know that I would mean it to mean that at the time of writing it but that's how I interpret it now!

Cheers!

No comments: