Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lose-lose

So I haven't read or written nearly enough of anything lately. I have more developed something of an addiction, or a bad habit: Youtube. It, itself is not bad. But I've become a bit obsessive over it. And I don't even make videos! Well, I'm starting to try, since I do have the tools. I think mostly I'm just going to make video responses. I mean, it's the natural way to go when I'm already subscribed to so many people.

Now I'm contemplating making a video in response to Dan Brown's (pogobat) video Tea Time. If you haven't seen it, look it up and give me an opinion. But basically this is it, he says that he's had an experience with the flying spaghetti monster, and that the FSM told him that Sarah Palin was the FSM incarnate. And rather than encouraging discussion at the end, he encourages making giving praise to Palin as a video response, even though he voted for Obama.

So at first the whole thing seems very satirical. But then I watched, his recorded live thing afterward, and when people specifically ask him if he's doing some social test or something, he says no. Furthermore, he says in his Tea Time video that he's not putting up ads with it to show how serious he is. That could either go two ways: either he's only do that to prove something that he doesn't believe, or he actually means it. If the first is the truth, and if he knows anything he would know that that would be a one shot deal. If he admits to only being satirical as oppose to serious, he would never be able to use no-ads as a means of proving his validity or earnestness in the future. And I think that, because he's not totally dumb, this might be evidence that he is being serious. Also, in the entire 70 minutes of his live show he never once was inconsistent with the Tea Time video.

If he is honestly serious about this flying monster story he's got going, it's simply utter ridiculousness, which is a huge disappointment for me coming from him. If it's satirical, he's set himself up for a lose-lose situation, because the whole video would be highly offensive, and so I don't know.

basschic40 is my user. I suck at vlogging but if you wanna look out for a response to this or other future responses to other users, I'm just letting you know how you can follow up with that.

No comments: